Netgear is a very helpful company when it comes to user satisfaction. It always strives to provide users with the latest in its services. One such service is the regular firmware update of their device. Netgear regularly releases updates for its devices. Users are required to download and install these updates as soon as they are released.
Benefits of the Netgear firmware update
Firmware upgrades on Netgear wireless routers have many benefits. We will tell you why you will never forget the update. Read below about the benefits of updating the Netgear firmware.
- Regular updates to the Netgear router firmware improve the security coverage of both the wireless network and the router.
- Some important features and options may appear after each update performed on the device, such as added security, parental control, and web control.
- More interactive web interface in the router settings window
- Updates are always designed to increase the efficiency of the router.
Are you confused how to update Netgear security?
Let us help you update the security firmware of your Netgear router by describing the whole process in steps.
- You must first go to a website supported by Netgear.
- Select the correct device model number.
- Be sure to check the router firmware version.
- Select the download button to the right of the FIRMWARE version.
We will continue the detailed process of updating the netgear firmware.
- Open a web browser and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net and allow access using standard or custom credentials.
- Now select the Firmware Update tab in the Advanced Settings section and click the Update tab at the end.
- Locate and open the firmware update file that you previously downloaded.
- It will require the firmware update process itself and the update installation process will be completed within a few minutes of the user’s time.
- Your Netgear router will be equipped with the latest firmware in minutes and you will be able to enjoy the efficient and secure operation of your Netgear wireless router.
Is it necessary to access the router’s web interface for update only through routerlogin.net?
- No, access to the router settings page via routerlogin.net own web address is not required. You can also log in to the router settings page using the default IP of 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- However, it is a good idea to use this dedicated web address on routerlogin.net to access and change all settings on your NETGEAR router.